SESCA's 2021 Programme was revised to Version 01j (on 31 March) to take account of the Government's proposed 'Road Map' to easing Covid restrictions and Culford School rejoining the Club as Group Members.
The programme was revised to Version 01k (on 11 April) with the addition of paddlesport training courses.
The programme was revised to Version 01l (on 23 April) with the addition of a Priory School 3-day visit and a change of Ladies' Day to Sunday 23rd May.
The programme was revised to Version 01m (on 6 May) with the addition of an adult L1/2 course on 24/25 July.
On water activities commenced on Monday, 29 March on a 'Buddy' basis ( 2 adults must be on site).
The start of organised racing was delayed until Sunday, 4 April due to Covid restrictions. The races originally scheduled for Sunday, 28 March will be scored as not sailed.
Please note that the Club's RYA 'Discover Sailing' Open Day has been postponed to Sunday, 4 July and the Antigua Sailing Day Regatta has been rescheduled to Sunday, 11 July. The dates for the RYA Training Courses have also been changed.
1. A number of races count for more than one series.
2. The sailing season is split up into 9 race series (12 races in the Early, Holiday & Autumn series; 9 races in the Spring, Mid, Summer, Late & Indian series & 13 races in the Winter series) for which one’s best 7 results count – all races count if less than 7 races in a series are sailed:
3. The results of the first race each day qualify for AM series. There are 3 AM series (11 races in the Early AM & Late AM series & 12 races in the Summer AM series) for which one’s best 7 results count – all races count if less than 7 races in a series are sailed:
EAM Early AM series
SAM Summer AM series
LAM Late AM series
4. The results of the pursuit race on each day count for the Pursuit Race series. There are 3 series (11 races in the Early Pursuit & Late Pursuit series & 12 races in the Summer Pursuit series) for which one’s best 7 results count– all races count if less than 7 races in a series are sailed:
E Pursuit Early Pursuit series
S Pursuit Summer Pursuit series
L Pursuit Late Pursuit series
5. Bank Holiday Sundays have their own 3 race series. All races to count.
6. There are 9 special one day Trophy events. All 3 races to count.
7. Other days have special day prizes, which are awarded on the day. All 3 races to count.
8. Two series of 11, Personal Handicap Pursuit races will be held on Thursday evenings (A & B). One’s best 7 results from each series will count – all race results count if less than 7 races in a series are sailed.
9. Youth sailing sessions have yet to be scheduled.
10. Members' Sailing Support Sessions are being held once a month. These are an opportunity for new and less confident sailing members of the Club to sail with more experienced sailors and to get rigging and boat handling advice.
11. A number of social events including themed food have been included in the programme.
12. The Sea Cadets will be holding additional mid-week evening and Saturday sessions.
13. Additional RYA Training Courses may be added.
14. Social sailing takes place on Saturdays and Sundays with rescue boat cover and at other times, on a self help basis, as long as two adult members are on site.
If you have problems scrolling the spreadsheet, it is recommended that you open SESCA Programme 2021 v01m