Data Protection Policy
SESCA considers data privacy as a top priority and takes the protection of personal data very seriously.
The following outlines how the Club stores, uses, processes and protects personal data.
Storage of Information:
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of current data protection legislation.
• The Club's electronic database is password protected
• Hard copies are stored in a locked cabinet.
• Membership records are updated annually on membership renewal
• Retention is for the life of the membership + 1 year (with the exception of uncompleted business)
Use of Information, including photographs
• To manage the member’s membership
• Manage the duty rosters.
• Provide appropriate facilities for the members
• Promotion of the Club on website/newsletter/social media
• Administration of training courses
In addition to being processed by SESCA, your information (name only) is processed by Dutyman for the purposes of disseminating the duty rosters to all SESCA participants.
RYA Course participant’s data will be processed by the RYA as the awarding body
7.1 You have rights under the GDPR:
(a) to access your personal data
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
(c) to have your personal data corrected
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
7.2 You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to:
The Information Commissioner. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Information Commissioner's Office,
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.